Hi Victor, I have some queries regarding the numbers to be filled in the excel template.
- Share price calculation: Do we take the average between 1 Jan – 31 Dec of the year (i.e. 1 Jan 2022 – 31 Dec 2022 for 2022 share price) or how the year is considered in PE ratio (i.e. 1 Mar 2022 – 28 Feb 2023)? I was comparing the numbers I got to the numbers you have shared but I was unable to get the exact figure. Would the daily or monthly amount affect the calculation? I received different results when calculating the average for both.
- Do I multiply the number of shares by 20 for years leading up to 2021 for the stock split?
- Am I supposed to take the adjusted close stock price for the year with the stock split?
- Re extraordinary items: What is the difference between marketable securities sale and equity securities adjustment? Do the adjustments mean that the P/L is not realised yet and hence I don't have to consider it in the extraordinary items? I had tried investigating the numbers in the notes section but was unable to tally them with the amounts reflected on the income statement.
- The share price input is to look at the PE multiple trading at a specific year. Since you are plotting the PE chart, you can skip this step as the PE chart is the better way to view it.
- Yes, those years before the share split. You have to multiply by 20.
- Take the close price, it has been adjusted for split.
- Can you point me to the page where you see the equity securities adjustment
Please login or Register to submit your answer